Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Inspiring People

Andrew Carnegie whose steel conglomerate made him a multimillionaire had 43 millionaires working for him during a time when a million dollars was a lot of money. I will paraphrase what Carnegie told a reporter: I didn't hire them, I inspired them. Inspiration is like digging for gold. When you are mining you have to move a lot of dirt, mud, rocks and debris before you find the nugget of value. People are the same way you have to dig deep to find the nugget of value. By focusing on the nugget you can help people become their weight in gold. Everyone is a gold mine if you dig enough and pay attention enough.

Anne Morrow Lindbergh, wife of Charles Lindbergh, despite being shy and retiring went on to become one of America's most popular authors. She recorded how she found courage to use her latent talents: "The man I was to marry believed in me and what I could do, and consequently I  found I could do more than I realized."

People who motivate others through encouraging words inspire others to do the things they don't want to do so they can become the people they always want to be.

A teacher inspires students to become excited about learning so they can attain knowledge that enables them to attend the college of their choice.


A sales manager inspires his sales people to make extra sales calls a day so they can earn money they always desired.

A parent inspires children to follow the rules with good cheer and politeness they can achieve the approval and positive recognition they always wanted to receive.


No comments:

Post a Comment