Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

Out of the Comfort Zone


Warning! Avoid this:

Jillian says that Yoga Meltdown combines Yoga "with my dynamic training techniques." Translate that into  "my exquisitely designed torture methods." I know. I have experienced her sadism. Because I am a masochist, I have been suffering under her iron discipline for quite some time now. I was getting fairly good at withstanding her cruelty (translate: barely escaping with my life) until I realized I was doing the Warrior II pose wrong.
I can't get my bent leg at a 90 degree angle unless I take my arms down and use my grounded hands for support, an awful and painful gyration. But as Julian says, "it's not about perfect, it's about practice."
She goes on to say: If we take a risk to overcome our fears we grow in ways we have never imagined. Get out of that comfort zone and try something different.
Don’t be afraid to fail.

Don’t be afraid to struggle.



Learn there is no such thing as perfect.
Improvement is about practice.



The more we practice, the more comfortable we become. When we keep practicing we come better and better at doing what was once new.


We change from being fearful to being courageous.



No comments:

Post a Comment