Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

More on Rapport

Developing rapport begins with having empathy for the other person's point of view.

Mirror the other person's posture and body movements.
Use the voice tone of the other person.




















Speak the words the person likes to use. You can tell by watching the eyes and listening to words. When thinking, visual people tend to look up; auditory people look laterally; and kinesthetic people look down.























Respond to visual words by replying, "I see your idea; I can picture that; That looks good. I can visualize that. We're eye-to-eye on that idea."
Respond to auditory words by replying, "I hear your idea; that concept rings true. That sounds great. Like the crack of the bat. That's a buzzword."
Respond to feeling words by replying, "That idea warms my heart; I feel that idea that will work. That will bring us together. He is empathetic. That soothes my nerves. That makes me want to cry."

What has this blog inspired you to do differently?
Write it down.
Begin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment