Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Heart Calling

I have been taking online guitar lesson from Andy Crowley. This Brit dude is a fantastic instructor and in my view he offers the absolute best way to learn the guitar.... And many of his lessons are absolutely free.

But free guitar lessons are not what I want to write about here. Instead, I want to make an observation on one of the asides Andy made during his instruction on playing power cards.

Andy said that he became infatuated with learning to play the guitar as a six-year old when he saw the movie, Back to the Future. His heart flipped when Marty McFly said to the band, "Alright guys, this is a Blues riff in B, watch me for the changes and try to keep up. OK?"

From that day on Crowley's heart was set on learning the guitar.

Many times the correct choices we make go way back to our childhood. Our heart tells us so.

Likewise our heart often helps us make the right choices when we are adults.

Many brain neurotransmitters are also found in the heart. Can our heart think better than our brain? I don't know.... But when the heart calls it's a good idea to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment