Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

A Letter for One and All

This weekend I discovered a letter written May 16, 1962 by my great-grandmother, Florence Weaver, when she was 97-years-old. (She died after living 102 years).

Florence had 10 children. I have no idea how many great-grandchildren she had in the aggregate.

She had nine great-grandchildren through my grandfather so she must have had close to 90 great-grandchildren. Therefore she must have written 90, or so similar letters to her other great-grandchildren. Quite a task.

Here's the letter:

Dear great-grandson John,

I see you are through high school & headed for college. Am hoping you make it in a good way.

I am proud of all my children, great & grands, one and all who are on my prayer list in a big way. They are all I'll leave in this world that's worthwhile. 

A great verse in the Bible that says, "Commit thy ways unto the Lord & he shall direct thy paths."

May the Lord bless you and help you as you go through life to make your footprints on the sands of time fitting for others to follow.

Love to all,

Your great-grandmother,

PS: I am enclosing $25 to help in your journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment