Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

This Too Will Pass


I woke-up feeling sad today. Not depressed. Not blue really. Not tearful. Perhaps downhearted…or melancholy might be a better word for the way I am feeling. Then I thought of Hamlet’s soliloquy: “How weary, stale, flat and unprofitable, seem to me all the uses of this world.” That’s me today.

I lifted weights with the animals. That didn’t help.

Prayed and read the Bible---no help.

Read a chapter from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone---still melancholy.

Yoga---still down.

Tried all the posture tricks---hand on hips with legs spread, snap fingers, turn lips in upward direction, hold hands in air and give the victory sign---no joy.

Stress---not much to worry about.

Thoughts---I’m really not saying negative things to myself.

Tried to figure out my unconscious motivators---the only thing I could come-up with was the lengthening shadows signifying autumn is on the way.

Played Scrabble with Vicki---I pretended to feel happy, but the melancholy persisted.

Wrote a blog entry---seemed like duty instead of a pleasurable thing to do.


Oh well. The best I can do is to tell myself this too will pass. And it will. Tomorrow I will feel better. Melancholy of this kind is a passing thing. We all have days like this. Thankfully they usually don't last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment