Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bringing Balance to Life: Word Programming


The mind is like a computer: Our lips are the keyboard; our cerebral cortex is the storage disk. Negative talk programs our storage disk (the subcon­scious mind) for poor outcomes; positive talk programs our mind for positive results.

If I listen carefully to everything I say about myself, I’m surprised to discover that I sometimes program my mind for negative feelings: I wish I had done this. I should have done that. I’ll never learn. I’m dumpy. Doddering. Dumb. Done for. 

I’ve decided to rid myself of negative talk by:
  • Speaking hopeful words
  • Never missing an opportu­nity to genuinely compliment others
  • Finding and saying something good about others
  • Speaking thankfully
  • Showing appreciation at every opportunity
  • Encouraging the timid
  • Praising good behavior, ignoring bad behavior
  • Expecting and speaking positive outcomes
  • Eliminating shoulds, oughts, and musts from my vocabulary
  • Refusing to beat myself with negative words
  • Speaking (to myself) what I want to be
  • Telling myself in a soft whisper: God is with me wherever I go; the Holy Spirit will guide me; Jesus forgives me



No comments:

Post a Comment