Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2018

Today in My Eyes

I saw a younger friend today looking so nice and neat that I just had to say, "Just look at you. Sharp and spiffy. Blue blazer, paisley tie, shined shoes. Snazzy."

In a flash as I stood there admiring his fresh-faced smile of appreciation I realized that sooner or later I wouldn't be there. His life would go on, but mine--my earthly life--would end. I wouldn't be there to enjoy his life with him.

Then, as you would imagine, I thought of Vicki, my daughter and son and their families and my friends and things done and undone. In an twinkle these images shimmered by as a morning mist in the great green forest of a sunlit valley.

The mystical moment wasn't because he and they, my family and friends, would miss me when I am gone but because I would miss them.

I'll wager that the Lord has already shown Himself in the eyes of those we love and if we look carefully we will see him in the everyday moments of every passing day. I vow to seal those fleeting moments into my soul and so live that I can leave this world with today in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment