Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2017

You Never Know


Wow!!!!!!! He comes across as the prototypical Wally Cox, if you are old enough to remember the TV character. Indeed, he sort of looks like him. Very modest. Humble. Soft spoken. Invisible in any room. 

Nonetheless, he exhibited something of an unusual quality that caused me to look him up. His curriculum vitae is 67 pages! He's on important federal committees. Advised the President. For some reason what struck me the most something he had written the association of radio spectrum and game theory!?!? He is a deep thinker.

The first time I met him he said he wanted to know more about fractals so I loaned him my math book for non-math majors. 

The second meeting we didn’t talk about how he could have written the book. Instead, I talked about how I wished I had that book as a freshman and had had a professor who inspired me to know more about math. He said he wanted to learn more about chaos theory. I loaned him my book Chaos. A simple book. An elementary book.

Then I read his CV.


Moral: You don’t know what you don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment